Saturday, November 3, 2007

The first blog

So I decided that writing a blog would be a little easier than sending an email. I tend to blog more than I write emails for some reason and it's easier to post pictures and videos here. This post won't be very long because I just sent the email catching up for the past month but in the future I will be posting almost every day with a small update of things that happened during the day so that you all can get a better idea of what my life is like here in Germany.








This was just a short trip to the beach in Büsum with my friend Janae who came and helped me with the kids at the beginning of October while my host parents / employers were in the US.














I do like a good ice cream cone now and then. It was pretty messy, but I managed it eventually. Ok, really this is just a fake ice cream cone out side one of the ice cream shops here in Heide.







It isn't the best picture in the world but this is me with the girls. We are on our way to the North East Sea Canal (Nord-Ostsee-Kanal) to watch the big freight ships go by. From what Dirk said, the canal has the heaviest ship traffic in the world.

No comments: