Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I got mail!

I got a nice envelope in the mail today covered with Star Wars stamps which I thought would be the most exciting thing about the envelope because nothing really exciting usually comes in envelopes that aren't padded. I took a little while to study the stamps; C3PO, Luke Skywalker, Chewie and Han Solo, the Millenium Falcon, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Yoda, a lightsaber battle, and Boba Fett (I don't know if I spelled all those right but I don't want to take the time to look it all up) before I actually opened the envelope to see what was inside. I pulled out a stack of papers, still not knowing what it was because the first page was handwriting I didn't recognize with some scribbles. I skipped to the bottom of the paper without reading it and realized it was from my cousin and her daughter, who is 3 or 4 I think, had added her part (the scribbles were N's because here name starts with N). I scanned the rest of the pages, looking at the names only and was happy to see I was the recipient of letters from the family Christmas party. I went straight to my room and read through all of them. It was so good to hear from everyone. I was sad that I didn't get to go but Germany is still a good place to be. Less than two months though until I can say that I live in Utah again. Apparently I just can't stay away from the place, this will be the second time in two years that I've moved back, the first being when I decided school in Idaho wasn't for me. The moving gene inherited from my dad is in me, but it keeps pulling me back home. Maybe this means I should just tell people I'm from Utah from now on. Nah, I'll stick with my usual answer, the US.

No comments: